Well into my second trimester, my bump was coming along slightly and we hit an exciting milestone in the pregnancy!
Highlights of week 21:
- Sleeping started to be more of a challenge so I got a thick memory foam mattress topper and it improves things somewhat. Unfortunately, it wasn’t a total fix for my sore hips though.
- Andy and I had some nice mornings to sleep (thankfully) and spent some time working at Starbucks for a change of scenery.
- We also had some nice walks around the neighborhood and local parks to get out and some exercise and I fit in several yoga classes and found some pregnancy workouts to try at home.
- We also made another attempt at officially celebrating our 12 year anniversary, but ended up with a simple dinner date that was just as nice. I just want to make sure those don’t go by the wayside once baby arrives!
Highlights of week 22:
- On the agenda this week was cleaning out our closets to help purge things from our small apartment and make room for baby’s things!
- Pregnancy inspired me to cook (and bake) more – maybe since I can eat more goodies with less guilt these days – and this week’s specials included shredded chicken verde tacos and crock pot potato soup. Both a success!
- I started with the cocoa butter lotion on my belly this week. I know it’s controversial, but I’m prone to stretch marks, so I was willing to give it a try.
- I also started washing baby’s clothes. It was a little surreal to have all those little outfits to wash, fold and put way.
- Best of all, Andy felt the baby move this week!! Baby was being especially active while I was laying in bed and I could swear could feel him through to my hand, so Andy gave it a try. He felt something (and I confirmed it wasn’t me, but baby) and we just stared at each other in amazement! So glad to be able to share this with him. 🙂
Leave a Reply