We had some exciting milestones this week: Strangers start to notice, we can see movement, and we take bump’s first trip to the Irish midlands.
Highlights of week 23:
- I’ve gained 10 lbs so far and I’m quickly learning that I don’t have room to eat much anymore.
- I feel like the bump is a solid, definite thing now. This week was the first time that strangers confidently commented on it. It was fun to get the well wishes!
- I’ve started ordering things from the baby list. My pinterest page is officially overrun by pregnancy and baby suggestions.
- First big milestone this week: we could SEE the baby moving! Tiny little pops that just moved my belly.
- Second milestone: We took bump on his first trip in Ireland, to Tullamore. We did some sight seeing, met some new people, had some good food, and got LOTS of baby advice from several women who used our doctor. He has quite the fan club, which we took as a great sign!
Highlights of week 24:
- Unfortunately, Andy came back from our weekend trip with a sprained foot, so I got to wait on him a lot this week while he was home from work and nearly immobile. He’ll get to pay me back soon enough. 😉
- Thanks to an injured baby daddy, babymoon plans are on hold, although I did some research JUST in case. The Amalfi Coast in Italy is calling my name!
- The doctor appointment this week went well – baby is growing normally.
- We went to Open House Dublin and saw some beautiful places around the city, but I got worn out exceptionally fast. I immediately fell asleep on the couch the moment I walked in the door. New limits.
- I thought I felt some Braxton Hicks contractions this week. More to come on that…